Resolve to make new discoveries by volunteering at the Museum of Discovery. If you’re still as curious as the children who love our museum, help engage tomorrow’s teachers, scientists and engineers as a museum volunteer. Discover what it’s like to encourage a child to lie on a bed of nails, get sneezed on, measure the amount of blood in his body, make electricity … or experience a tornado, experiment with “Whoosh” and observe all kinds of animals. Can you imagine the fun and the learning – and the good feeling you’ll get from helping our non-profit successfully execute our mission?
For more information, contact Lennie Massanelli at email@example.com or 501.891-6327.
What could I do as a volunteer?
Our volunteers engage visitors in our galleries. We seek a diverse group of outgoing volunteers who want to make a difference. To be eligible for work in our galleries, volunteers must be at least 19 and commit to working with us on a regular basis.
- Assist with welcoming and assisting individual visitors and groups.
- Assist with administrative work during weekday business hours.
- Assist with the museum’s adult program called Science After Dark. Sign up here.
- Teenagers, ages 14 and up, may apply to be Discovery Camp Counselors during the summer. Apply here.
When could I help?
- Shifts are two hours or more. Schedules are individualized to suit volunteers’ schedules, though we ask volunteers to commit to a minimum of four hours monthly.
- Museum hours are 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday (and Monday when school isn’t in session) and 1-5 p.m. Sunday. We need volunteers all hours the museum is open, particularly weekday mornings in the spring.