XOXO: Exhibit About Love and Forgiveness Opens Saturday At Museum of Discovery
Little Rock, Ark. (Sept. 21) – Share, listen, connect, ask, and learn about feelings and emotions at XOXO: An Exhibit About Love & Forgiveness, opening Saturday, September 23, at Museum of Discovery.
Through facial expressions, words, movement, art making and other hands-on activities, XOXO: An Exhibit About Love & Forgiveness provides children and caregivers the opportunity to think about and explore feelings through a variety of activities designed to help them understand, appreciate, and express their emotions.
When interacting with XOXO, visitors can:
- Illuminate a hidden message about love by Holding Hands
- Answer questions about love and forgiveness, and tie them to a wall for others to read at the Response Wall
- Write down loving thoughts and press them into Tokens of Love
- Work together to Balance on a seesaw or connect an infinite Story Puzzle
- Create Silhouettes using a unique set-up of light boxes
- Build and explore a variety of facial expressions using Empathy Blocks
- Release the Negative by drawing or writing down what makes them angry or sad and then crank it through a paper shredder
- Speak into Tone Phones and watch how their voice affects shapes projected on a screen
“XOXO is a very engaging exhibit and unlike any we’ve featured recently at the Museum of Discovery,” says Kelley Bass, CEO of the Museum of Discovery. “We are convinced our visitors will find it fun and thought-provoking, and we look forward to welcoming thousands to experience it.”
XOXO: An Exhibit About Love & Forgiveness remains at Museum of Discovery through January 7, 2018. For more information about the exhibit, visit www.museumofdiscovery.org.
About Museum of Discovery
Museum of Discovery is dedicated to igniting a passion for science, technology, engineering, arts and math in a dynamic, interactive environment. Founded in 1927, Museum of Discovery is the oldest museum in the state.
Hours of Operation: Tuesday – Saturday: 9 am – 5 pm; Sunday: 1-5 pm; Closed Monday
(open Mondays in the summer and on major holidays)
Admission: $10 adults; $8 ages 1-12; free under 1; members free
Phone Number: 501.396.7050