The Museum of Discovery has announced that it will take over the planning and execution of Springfest, the free family festival presented the last two Aprils by Riverfest. The third annual Springfest will be held in and around the First Security Amphitheatre and the River Market pavilions from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, April 7, 2018.
Activities and attractions planned for Springfest 2018 include:
* Super Retriever Series – featuring the best dog and handler teams from around the
country as they compete in a variety of activities
* Hero Zone – festival-goers’ chance to interact with those who serve us every day – the Little Rock Police and Fire Departments, MEMS, Arkansas State Police and Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department
* Bounce Zone – obstacle courses, bounce houses and a giant slide
* Construction Zone – the chance for kids to climb on and sit in large construction equipment and pilot their own toy trucks and dozers through the sand
* Museum of Discovery Awesome Science Shows – experience the same “wow” kind of science that landed a museum educator on “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon” and led to museum educators being featured as a top attraction every day of the 2017 Arkansas State Fair
* Community Dance and Cheer Teams … and Bands! – Celebrate the talent that abounds in Central Arkansas as area dance teams, cheer teams and bands perform
* Local food trucks and arts-and-craft vendors
And there will be plenty of other activities, from face painting to “stomp rockets” to some of the popular activities featured at Tinkerfest at the Museum of Discovery.