The above link will take you to a ticket purchasing calendar. Select September 24 as the date and then choose Science After Dark admission.
IT’S FALL, Y’ALL! Our program director dies inside a little each time we say (or yell) it. However, since he’s busy planning four Tinkerfests this fall, he didn’t have the energy to fight a few of us staffers who countdown the days until PSL season. Whether you’re the type of person who lights pumpkin-scented candles on September 1, or the type of person who just Googled “PSL,” you will enjoy our Science After Dark devoted to autumn science! We’ll melt wax to create our own candles, tinker with pumpkins and leaves, make liquid nitrogen pumpkin spice ice cream and much more! Put on your favorite plaid shirt or poncho, pull the felt wide-brimmed hat out of its box and zip up those over-the-knee boots for Science After Dark: Fall Into Science!
- Everyone will be required to wear a mask. Bring your own mask or purchase a disposable mask for $2 at the admissions desk.
- Masks must cover your nose and face. Beer, wine and cocktails will be sold. You may temporarily remove your mask to sip your drink. However, there must be six feet of distance between yourself and guests not in your party.
- Attendance will be limited so we encourage guests to purchase tickets online (members, there is a free ticket reservation option for you.)
- Staff will sanitize the museum before and after the event and may temporarily close a gallery, exhibit or activity to clean.
- Any guest not adhering to rules will be asked to leave and will not receive a refund.
Science After Dark is for ages 21 and up. Admission is $5 or free for members. Tickets may be purchased at the door or online.
About Science After Dark
Who says the Museum of Discovery is only for kids?!? Not the hundreds of 21-and-older science-and-fun lovers who attend Science After Dark each month. Because, science is fun … at any age! Science After Dark provides visitors the opportunity to have fun and learn about science in a unique setting. Museum educators pick a science-related topic and build an entertaining, interactive evening around it. You never know what will sprout, pop, fizzle, or glow. We invite you to discover the science of having fun with a cocktail in your hand. And beyond the themed activities each month, Science After Dark admission ($5, free for members) includes access to all museum galleries and our 90-plus hands-on, interactive exhibits.