The Discovery Network, a statewide program of the Museum of Discovery, was initiated in 2006 with funding from the Donald W. Reynolds Foundation. More than $14,000,000 has been awarded from the Reynolds Foundation and other donors over the years to support the goal of making hands-on, interactive STEM learning more accessible to the state’s school children and their families. The Network provides high-quality professional development and training opportunities to its members’ educational staff. Essentially, the Discovery Network is the way in which the Museum of Discovery supports other educational entities in their efforts to bring quality STEM education to its learners.
Each of the members, together, is dedicated to providing the highest quality educational experience to the children, families and teachers of Arkansas. This is accomplished, in part, through engaging interactive custom exhibits, ongoing contact with advisory groups, teacher workshops, mobile making/tinkering kits, and networking with other museums, libraries and community centers in the state and throughout the country. All these efforts will contribute to a unique synergy of systems that cannot fail to improve the quality educational experiences in Arkansas.
The Discovery Network welcomes all educators to experience first class, fun learning in its dynamic 2021 workshop lineup.
- Seuss Science | April 19 | 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM | Virtual Workshop with Zoom
- Spy Academy | March 30 | 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM | Virtual Workshop with Zoom
- Weird Science | June 22 | Virtual Workshop with Zoom
- Kitchen Scientist | July 12 | Virtual Workshop with Zoom
- Wizarding World | August 24 | 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM | In Person Workshop
- WOW Science | September 7 | 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM | In Person Workshop
- Biology Bonanza | September 13 | 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM | In Person Workshop
- Creative Circuits | October 19 | 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM | In Person Workshop
- Play with Your Food | November 16 | 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM | In Person Workshop
- Bugging Out | December 7 | 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM | In Person Workshop
For more information about the Discovery Network or workshop registration, contact Brittney Kugler at firstname.lastname@example.org